You are here:
© 2012 www.armyofficerselection.co.uk. All rights reserved.
These consist of the three elements of tests comprising of Verbal, Numerical and Abstract reasoning. The exercises take 70 minutes in all to complete. Some examples and instructions are available on the Official AOSB Website, however these are fairly limited and don't provide much advice on how to actually improve your score.
Verbal reasoning tests are designed to measure your ability to understand concepts framed in words, your ability to find commonalities among different concepts and to manipulate ideas on an abstract level. Most employers who use aptitude tests in the selection process will include a verbal reasoning test as there are very few careers which don't require the ability to understand, analyse and interpret written information.
The How to Pass Verbal Reasoning Tests CD provides a valuable resource for those
looking to enter the recruitment market and will undoubtedly need to sit many a verbal
test. This e-
It is currently available to buy for £12.97 from a personal development organisation called How 2 Become who specialise in producing educational media for people who are looking for careers in specialised areas. It is currently priced at
Click here to visit the How 2 Become website to find out more.
Numerical reasoning tests are an increasingly popular way of assessing candidates during the selection process. You don't need to have studied mathematics to a high level to succeed. These are primarily tests of reasoning ability and the maths needed is actually very straightforward.
The best way to prepare for these tests is simply to practise. Take the time to practice plenty of sample Numerical Reasoning test questions and you will see a great improvement in your actual test scores on the test day.
An essential resource for those wanting to prepare for numerical reasoning tests is the new Numerical Reasoning Tests CD which contains all the preparation material you need including:
• Essential tips and advice on pre-
• 200 pages totally dedicated to Numerical Reasoning tests.
• A selection of new and original questions.
• A multitude of sample questions to help you prepare fully.
• Sample Numerical Reasoning tests of varying intensity
• Hundreds of Numerical Reasoning test questions
• Practice material for tests
• Arithmetic test questions
• Number sequence tests
• Graphs and charts test questions
• Single step, mathematical word problems
• A self-
• How to analyse your scores
• Measuring your progress
• How to increase your chances of success
• Clear and accessible CD ROM
• 15 graphs and charts